This month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Not sure what it’s all about? We’ve made a guide to help you understand what it’s about and how you can get involved, from volunteering to resources for fun fundraising ideas.
Who organizes Breast Cancer Awareness Month?
Breast Cancer Awareness Month is an international awareness month that is organized by a number of major breast cancer charities across the globe.
What is the purpose of Breast Cancer Awareness Month?
The goal of breast cancer awareness month is to focus some extra attention on breast cancer. Breast cancer is a very common cancer and the most common cancer in women. As early prevention is the best method for fighting breast cancer, it is important to spread the word about risk factors (like age and gender), symptoms (not all breast cancers show lumps!) and how to get help.
Why is the Floozie in the Jacuzzi wearing a bra and what else is Ladies Fighting Breast Cancer doing for Breast Cancer Awareness Month?
We have a tonne of events this October to help us with our awareness raising! The Floozie in the Jacuzzi dressed herself up again this year in a brand new bra to help us raise breast cancer awareness to anyone passing through Victoria Square. We also have a Speedquizzing night brought to you by Reid and Co that will definitely be a fun night out. Then, at the end of the month we have a fashion show coming up!
If you want to get involved in any of these great nights out, please check out our Events page.
How can I get involved in Breast Cancer Awareness Month? Do you have any simple charity fundraising ideas?
We would love for as many people to get involved as possible. And there is no need to be intimated, there are loads of small ways you can help out.
- The simplest thing to do is follow a breast cancer charity (us!) on social media and share their posts, particularly breast cancer awareness information posts. Or maybe take a photo with the Floozie in the Jacuzzi and share it on your social media accounts. You can find facts about breast cancer to share here.
- You could donate money to a breast cancer charity. By donating to us you are directly helping breast cancer patients at the QE Hospital in Birmingham.
- Buy or make a breast cancer ribbon pin to wear during October. Give a simple, visible sign when you’re out that helps to remind people about breast cancer.
- Raise some money with friends, family or colleagues. We have plenty simple charity fundraising ideas in some of our previous blog posts so you can help raise funds for breast cancer patients.
- Volunteer with us. We always have plenty of opportunities, whatever time you have to spare. Please get in touch if you’d like to help.
We hope we’ve helped you understand Breast Cancer Awareness Month a little. We’d love it if you’d join us in raising awareness this October!